Speak with a Hat Expert

1-888-847-4287

Se Habla Español

My Wishlist
Bollman Hat Company 140 - 1940s Pork Pie Hat

140 - 1940s Pork Pie Hat

Size Information: Hat runs 1 size large. Order 1 size down from your original hat size.

Made in the USA

A standard during Jazz's glory age, the Pork Pie gained relevance during a time of worldly transition, as evidenced by its growing popularity among celebrities and public figures. Physicist Robert Oppenheimer regularly wore a pork pie hat during his field studies. Jamaican ska artist Laurel Aitken even wrote the tune "Give Me Back My Pork Pie Hat" as a tribute.
Its namesake inspired by the British delicacy, the Pork Pie's distinctive dents around the crown and low flat top was a comfortable look in an unsettling time. Dozens of Bollman Hat Company employees gave their lives serving their country in World War II. The third generation of Bollman family now led the Company and kept in touch with employees serving in the military, and provided regular updates to it's workforce at home on those lost in action, in captivity, injured and those returning home. Some of these letters have been preserved and hang in the hall of the Company's main office today.

100% Wool felt.

2" welted edge brim.
3 1/2" high telescope crown.

Printed leather sweat, custom 140th lining.

$100.00

Size Information: Hat runs 1 size large. Order 1 size down from your original hat size.

Made in the USA

A standard during Jazz's glory age, the Pork Pie gained relevance during a time of worldly transition, as evidenced by its growing popularity among celebrities and public figures. Physicist Robert Oppenheimer regularly wore a pork pie hat during his field studies. Jamaican ska artist Laurel Aitken even wrote the tune "Give Me Back My Pork Pie Hat" as a tribute.
Its namesake inspired by the British delicacy, the Pork Pie's distinctive dents around the crown and low flat top was a comfortable look in an unsettling time. Dozens of Bollman Hat Company employees gave their lives serving their country in World War II. The third generation of Bollman family now led the Company and kept in touch with employees serving in the military, and provided regular updates to it's workforce at home on those lost in action, in captivity, injured and those returning home. Some of these letters have been preserved and hang in the hall of the Company's main office today.

100% Wool felt.

2" welted edge brim.
3 1/2" high telescope crown.

Printed leather sweat, custom 140th lining.

We Also Suggest

Price: $63.00
Compare: $63.00 to $75.00
Save up to $12 (16%)

Call Us

USA: 1-888-VHS-HATS (1-888-847-4287)
INT'L: +1 619-906-4440 Se habla español

Email Newsletter

Shop for Hats at VillageHatShop.com | Privacy Policy | Site Map
Copyright © 1999-2014 Village Hat Shop: The #1 Source for Hats Online

PayPal Logo
Village Hat Shop is an Upfront Merchant on TheFind. Click for info.
Village Hat Shop BBB Business Review

Do You Have a Coupon?

Enter Coupon Code Here:

Choose a Shipping Option

© 2014 Village Hat Shop. All rights reserved.