- 2 3/4" bill/visor.
- 3 1/2" earflaps.
- Made of 100% Storm System® treated wool.
- Quilted polyester lining.
- Fleece lined earflaps.
- Wigens side pin.
Storm System® - Rain & Wind Protection
The exclusively patented Storm System® protects the most prestigious fibers from the weather while the body maintains the condition of absolute well-being.
Storm System® comprises a double barrier: Rain System® water repellent treatment, and exclusive hydrophilic membranes that are water resistant, transpiring and windproof.
The hydrophilic membrane, applied to the back of the fabric through a lamination process designed and implemented by Loro Piana, is micro molecular, so without pores.
It is water repellant yet perfectly breathable, lightweight, elastic and resistant.
The Rain System® treatment is applied to the fabric surface to create an invisible barrier around each fiber so that drops of water bead away from the surface while protecting the fabric from dust, dirt and liquid stains.
Storm System® ensures a condition of absolute well-being for preofessional and amateur athletes, world travellers and business people alike, regardless of weather conditions, season or physical activity involved.
Care and Maintenance
Thanks to the peculiar properties of the natural fibers and to the quality of Loro Piana fabrics, this garment may be worn for years on condition that a few simple maintenance rules are followed:
- Avoid perforation, for instance with pins, brooches, staples, etc. as they may damage the special internal barrier.
- Professionally dry clean only. Cool dry from solvents at max 40° c, as an exceedingly high temperature would damage the membrane.
- Do not use steam iron. A light, low temperature ironing (110/120° c) will renew the hydro-repellent treatment on the fabric's surface.
- After a prolonged use of the garment, the water resistant qualities on the surface of the fabric may be reduced: it is possible to renew these qualities by ironing or by reapplication in a specialised dry-cleaners'.